The Academy prides itself on the foundations developed by leading European football teams, systems and philosophies deployed by some of the world’s best technicians.
ASA Football teach discipline, respect and creativity with the correct physical conditioning. We believe that our players can push on to higher levels, on and off the football field, in the future.
While programs benefit players in their sporting pursuits, ASA Football has a big part to play in shaping students to lead healthy lifestyles and be both respectful and active citizens in the local community.
- Over 250 participants, ranging from 7 to 16 years
- A leader in gross motor skills development for with an outstanding program for young preschoolers
- Part of the newly formed Hills Association
- Primarily works with grassroots players with some players able to make the transition to representative football from our training methods while other progress later in their careers
- A prolific association with English Premier League club Bournemouth FC
- Conducts fun school holiday camps for young players in the local community
- ASA has a strong program of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). In 2014, ASA partnered with the 20th Man Youth Foundation to conduct free community football clinics to disadvantaged and “at risk” youth in Western Sydney. The 20 th Man Youth Fund was founded by Australia’s most recognised youth worker Les Twentyman OAM and uses a variety of services and programs in some of the community’s lowest socio-economic areas.
- ASA Coaches are fully qualified and work to a strict European Curriculum based on the Football Federation Australia (FFA) Curriculum Guidelines.
ASA Football Academy (ASA) was launched in 2012, providing a range of coaching programs for children playing football in the Hills District and Western Sydney.
Some facts about ASA Football
ASA Football was founded by former Australian Schoolboys Representative Pat Polistina who has had a long career playing and coaching juniors in Australia and Italy.
From age 11, Polistina has played football at the highest junior level including winning a State League Premiership at Redland City Devils in Queensland and the NSW Premier League Competition for Blacktown City Demons. He was also selected for the Talented Sports Program at Hills Sports School for football in his senior schooling years.
After playing for Auckland City in the prestigious FIFA Club World Club Cup, Polistina was signed by Rhyl FC in the Welsh League, before returning to Italy to accept a coaching role with junior football. The ASD Pro Calcio (ASD) academy is affiliated with the famous Italian Serie A Club AS Roma. Polistina worked with junior footballers from the ages of six to 12, helping develop a speed and agility program for ASD.
Upon returning home to Australia, Polistina was appointed coach of Oakhill College’s First XI, playing in the ISA Schools Competition.